Sony Alpha A7 Mark II Digital Camera Body
The camera offers outstanding image quality in a compact size and light build. A 24.3 effective megapixel 35 mm full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor moves along 5-axes to compensate for camera shake. In-camera image stabilisation also offers sharper images for those using A-mount lenses on an optional lens adapter.
Out of stock
New handheld freedom
Now you can fully express your vision with full-frame quality and cutting-edge camera shake compensation compatible with wide-ranging lenses.
5-axis image stabilization
The world’s first in a full-frame camera
Dramatically expand your range of expression by compensating for five types of camera shake while shooting still images and movies.
Say goodbye to five types of camera shake!
5-axis image stabilization lets you zoom, snap close-ups and capture night scenes with greater clarity. Compensation is equivalent to using a 4.5-step faster shutter speed.
Pitch [ 1 ] and yaw [ 2 ] compensation
Compensate for commonly experienced pitch and yaw shake at long focal lengths.
Horizontal [ 3 ] and vertical [ 4 ] shift compensation
Compensate for X and Y-axis shift shake at high magnification (during macrophotography, etc.).
Roll [ 5 ] compensation
Compensate for roll shake on the Z axis during long exposures. Most in-lens systems cannot compensate for roll shake.
Compatibility with wide-ranging mountable lenses
Use your favorite lenses without camera shake.
Enjoy unparalleled handheld shooting freedom with more of your favorite lenses. The short flange-back distance in the E-mount α7 II contributes to broad lens compatibility.
Automatic optimization for every α lens
Your α lenses will always perform their best.
The α7 II analyzes information from your E-mount and A-mount lenses to optimize depiction performance and 5-axis image stabilization for the particular lens you mount.
High-performance Fast Hybrid AF
Remarkably fast for a full-frame camera AF system
Whenever fleeting photo opportunities arise, you can always depend on state-of-the-art Fast Hybrid AF.
It captures your subject and doesn’t let go
Highly sophisticated Fast Hybrid AF delivers extremely high-speed response, highly accurate prediction and wide area coverage for autofocusing and tracking you can always depend on.
Extensive coverage keeps AF right on track
Fast Hybrid AF smoothly tracks fast-moving subjects nearly anywhere on the screen thanks to a wide-area 117-point focal plane phase-detection AF sensor.
AF captures your subject without fail
Autofocusing is 30% faster. Just point, shoot and let Sony’s sophisticated Fast Hybrid AF system instantly capture your fast-moving subject with razor-sharp clarity.
5 fps AF/AE shooting with accurate tracking
Beautifully capture fast-moving subjects with sharp, well-exposed results via 5fps continuous AF/AE shooting, a dramatically improved algorithm and continuous AF Display.
A formula for beauty
Images are gorgeous from corner to corner, courtesy of Sony’s 35mm full-frame Exmor CMOS image sensor and BIONZ X™ image processing engine.
The Sony full-frame advantage
Stunning 24.3-megapixel resolution, low noise, an extremely wide dynamic range and subtle gradations.
BIONZ X speed and precision
High-speed processing faithfully reproduces textures and details in real time, as seen by the naked eye.
Create movies of breathtaking visual and sound quality with exquisite background blur and the sensitivity to bring dark scenes to vibrant life.
Pro-quality XAVC S format
For extremely high image quality and minimal noise, record movies in the high-bit-rate XAVC S format, which enables Full HD image recording at 50Mbps (60p/50p, 30p/25p, 24p)
Quality meets superb functionality
The α7 II includes advanced features that serious moviemakers demand.
Saves various adjusted parameters and settings as a profile.
S-Log2 gamma setting
Creates a 1,300% wider dynamic range. Perfect for post-production.
Time code / User bit
Record Run, Free Run and embedded time code during clean HDMI output.
Clean HDMI output
Transfer Full HD movie signals in real-time to an external monitor.
The refinement professionals demanded
Controls are refined for intuitive operation and immediate adjustment while viewing scenes through the viewfinder. It’s a whole new level of sophistication and control.
40% faster startup
The α7 II starts almost immediately after sliding the power switch on. So when fleeting opportunities arise, there is no stressful delay — just the response you need to capture the right moment.
Anti-dust system and coating
An anti-dust mechanism and anti-static coating on the surface of the optical filter help keep your photos blemish free.
Robust magnesium alloy body
The remarkably compact and lightweight body is solidly built to withstand the rigors of shooting in the field.
Faithful reproduction and impressive visibility contribute to stress-free, intuitive operation.
Robust lens mount
The body and lens mount are built strong to provide a solid foundation for mounting large, heavy lenses.
Everything feels right
Various refinements ensure a more secure grasp of the camera and more natural shooting with less camera shake.
For shooting flexibility
It tilts upward approx. 107 degrees and downward approx. 41 degrees to accommodate wide-ranging shooting angles.
Quick Navi Pro lets you confirm current camera settings at a glance and find options without searching through menus.
Front and rear dials
Front and rear dials allow swift adjustment of exposure and other parameters while viewing scenes through the viewfinder.
Shoot the way you like
The Fn (Function) button and button customization enable swifter access to your preferred features.
New possibilities at your command
Easy wireless image transfer
Connect the camera to a smartphone or tablet with one touch!
The exciting download service
Heighten photographic expression according to your own creative needs.
Enhanced grip and shutter button
The grip is refined in shape and height to support a more secure grasp of the camera even when a large lens is mounted. This also contributes to more confident operation of the shutter button and dials. Moreover, the shutter button has been reshaped and shifted forward to enable more natural shooting with less camera shake.
Robust lens mount
The strength and rigidity of the body and lens mount have been enhanced to provide an especially solid foundation for mounting large, heavy lenses such as super telephoto lenses and those preferred for movie shooting.
Full-frame expression without the bulk
The α7 II packs powerful moviemaking capabilities in extremely compact dimensions. You can create movies of breathtaking visual and sound quality with exquisite background blur, remarkably clear details, and the sensitivity to bring dark scenes to vibrant life. Features like Picture Profile and P/A/S/M modes further expand your creative options.
Stable viewfinder image
Monitor the stabilizing effects of camera shake compensation in the viewfinder or LCD screen while shooting still images by pressing the shutter button halfway or magnifying the image, and while shooting movies by entering movie mode. Even when using a telephoto or macro lens, you can fine-tune framing and focusing with stress-free stability.
High-contrast, high-resolution XGA OLED Tru-Finder™
The viewfinder offers impressive visibility that contributes to stress-free, intuitive operation. You can accurately monitor what will appear in your final images because it faithfully displays the effects of your various camera settings. Moreover, an advanced 3-lens optical system ensures rich tonal gradation and extremely high contrast.
Fine-tune the look of movies before shooting by adjusting gradation, color adjustment and detail. Adjusted parameters can be saved with other settings as a profile, and up to 7 profiles can be stored for later recall.
Convenient tiltable LCD screen
The LCD screen tilts upward approx. 107 degrees and downward approx. 41 degrees to accommodate wide-ranging shooting angles. This flexibility combines with compact mobility to greatly expand your shooting options. Viewing is also clear under direct sunlight thanks to WhiteMagic™ technology that nearly doubles the brightness of the display.
Meticulously crafted controls
Controls are refined for intuitive operation and immediate adjustment of parameters while viewing scenes through the viewfinder. The front and rear dials have been thoroughly refined and positioned with overall handling in mind to enable easier, more efficient turning. It’s a level of refinement that even surpasses that of other α7 series models.
Multi Frame NR (Noise Reduction)
This mode composites four shots to significantly suppress noise and raise sensitivity, letting you clearly capture dark scenes without a tripod or flash. Camera shake blur is also lowered while contrast and detail are raised.
- Face Detection : On, Off, Face Registration, Face Selection; maximum eight faces detected
- Smile Shutter™ technology : Smile shutter (selectable from 3 steps)
- Camera Type : Interchangeable lens digital camera
- Lens Compatibility : Sony E-mount lenses
- Still Image Playback Options : Single (with or without shooting information Y RGB histogram & highlight/shadow warning), 9/25-frame index view, Enlarged display mode (L: 18.8x, M: 12.3x, S: 9.4x), Panorama (Standard): 25.6x, Panorama (Wide): 38.8x, Auto Review (10 / 5 / 2 sec, Off), Image orientation (Auto / Manual / Off selectable), Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection (Date / Still / MP4 / AVCHD / XAVC S), Forward / Rewind (movie), Delete, Protect
- Continuous Shooting Speed : Continuous shooting: Hi: max. 5 fps, Lo: max. 2.5 fps
- Flash Sync Speed : 1/250 sec.
- Shutter Speeds : Still images:1/8000 to 30 sec, Bulb, Movies: 1/8000 to 1/4(1/3 steps) up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto slow shutter mode)
- Self-timer : 2-sec. or 10-sec. delay, selectable
- Shutter Type : Electronically-controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane shutter
- Drive Mode : Single Shooting, Continuous shooting (Hi/Lo selectable), Self-timer (10/2 sec delay selectable), Self-timer (Cont.) (with 10 sec delay 3/5 frames selectable), Bracketing (Cont., Single, White Balance, DRO)
- D-Range Optimizer : Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto / Level (1-5)), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1-6 EV, 1.0 EV step))
- Auto Exposure Lock : Available with AE lock button. Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. Can be disabled from the Menu
- Exposure Compensation : +/- 5.0 EV (1/3 EV or1/2 EV steps selectable) with exposure compensation dial : +/- 3 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)
- Picture Effect(s) : 13 modes: Posterization (Color, (B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R, G, B, Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera (Normal, Cool, Warm, Green, Magenta), Soft High-key , Soft Focus (High, Mid, Low), HDR Painting (High, Mid, Low), Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature(Auto, Top, Middle(H), Bottom, Right, Middle(V), Left), Watercolor, Illustration(High, Mid, Low)
- Exposure Settings : AUTO (iAUTO, Superior Auto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Movie (Programmed AE (P) / Aperture priority (A) / Shutter-speed priority (S) / Manual (M)), Sweep Panorama, Scene Selection
- Scene Mode(s) : Portrait, Sports Action, Macro, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Hand-held Twilight, Night Portrait, Anti Motion Blur
- Metering Modes : Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Metering Sensitivity : EV -1 to EV 20 (at ISO100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Metering : 1200-zone evaluative metering
- ISO : Still images: ISO 100-25600 equivalent (1/3 EV step), (ISO numbers up from ISO 50 can be set as expanded ISO range.), AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit) Movies: ISO 200-25600 equivalent (1/3 EV step) / AUTO (ISO 200-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Noise Reduction : Long exposure NR: On / Off , available at shutter speeds longer than 1 sec. High ISO NR: Normal / Low / Off
- Creative Style : Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box (1-6), (Contrast (-3 to +3 steps), Saturation (-3 to +3 steps), Sharpness (-3 to +3 steps))
- Color Temperature : 2500 to 9900K & Color Filter (G7 to M7: 15-steps, A7 to B7: 15-steps)
- White Balance Mode : Auto / Daylight / Shade / Cloudy / Incandescent / Fluorescent (Warm White / Cool White / Day White / Daylight) / Flash / Underwater/ Color Temperature (2500 to 9900K) & Color filter (G7 to M7: 15-steps, A7 to B7: 15-steps) / Custom AWB micro adjustment: G7 to M7 (15-steps), A7 to B7 (15-steps) Bracketing: 3 frames, H/L selectable
- Exposure Bracketing : Bracket: Cont. / Bracket: Single, With 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 2/3 EV, 1.0 EV, 2.0 EV, 3.0 EV increments, 3/5 frames selectable
- AE Lock : Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. Available with AE lock button. (On/Off/Auto)
- Flash Bracketing : 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 EV steps, 3/5 frames selectable
- Flash Metering System : Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Compensation : +/- 3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Flash Modes : Flash off, Auto flash, Fill-flash, Slow Sync, Rear Sync., Red-eye reduction (on/off selectable), Wireless, Hi-speed sync.
- Focus Features : Eye-start AF (only with LA-EA2 or LA-EA4 attached (Sold separately)), Lock-on AF, Eye AF, Predictive control, Focus lock
- Manual Focus Assist : 35mm full frame: 5.9x, 11.7x APS-C: 3.8x, 7.7x
- AF Illuminator : Built-in LED, Range: Approx. 0.3m – approx. 3.0m (with FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS attached)
- Focus Sensitivity : EV-1 to EV20 (ISO100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Focus Area : Wide (117 points (phase-detection AF), 25 points (contrast-detection AF)) / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S / M / L) / Lock-on AF ( Wide / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S / M / L))
- Focus Points : 35mm full frame: 117 points (phase-detection AF) APS-C: 99 points (phase-detection AF) / 25 points (conotrast-detection AF)
- AF Modes : Single-shot AF (AF-S), Continuous AF (AF-C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus
- Focus System : Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF / contrast-detection AF)
- AF micro adjustment : Yes, (Sold separately) with LA-EA2 or LA-EA4
- Pixel Gross : 24.7 Megapixels (approx.)
- Color Filter System : RGB primary color filters
- Effective Picture Resolution : 24.3 Megapixels (approx.)
- Anti Dust : Charge protection coating on optical filter and image sensor shift mechanism
- Imaging Sensor : 35mm full frame Exmor CMOS sensor (35.8 x 23.9mm)
- Vertical Grip Connector : Yes
- NFC : Yes (NFC Forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing)
- HDMI Terminal : HDMI® micro connector (Type-D)
- HD Output : HDMI micro connector (Type-D) BRAVIA Sync (Control for HDMI) PhotoTV HD 4K Still Image PB
- Wi-Fi : Yes (Wi-Fi Compatible, IEEE 802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz band) )
- Remote Commander : Yes, via optional RMT-DSLR2 (sold separately)
- Multi Interface Shoe : Yes
- Headphone Jack : Yes (3.5 mm Stereo minijack)
- Microphone Input : Yes (3.5 mm Stereo minijack)
- Peaking : Yes (Level setting: High / Mid / Low / Off, Color: White / Red / Yellow)
- Real-time image adjustment display : Yes (On / Off)
- LCD Type : 3.0” (7.5cm) TFT (1,228,800 dots)
- Angle Adjustment : Up by approx. 107 degrees, Down by approx. 41 degrees
- Brightness Control : Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Grid Display : Yes (Rule of 3rds Grid / Square Grid / Diag. + Square Grid / Off)
- Customization : Graphic Display, Display All Info, No Disp. Info, Digital Level Gauge, Histogram, For viewfinder
- Zebra : Yes
- HDMI Info. Display : On / Off selectable
- Clock Function,Setting : Yes
- Area Setting : Yes
- Eye-Fi ready : Yes
- Shop Front Mode : Yes
- Help guide : Yes
- Battery Type : One rechargeable battery pack NP-FW50
- External Power : AC Adaptor AC-PW20 (sold separately)
- Number of Still Images : Approx. 270 shots (Viewfinder) / Approx. 350 shots (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Power Consumption (in View Finder Operation) : Still images: approx. 3.5W (with FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached) Movies: approx. 4.2W (with FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
External power : Yes via optional AC Adaptor AC-PW20 (sold separately)
Compatible standards : Exif Print, Print Image Matching III, DPOF setting
- Panorama Still Image Size : Horizontal Wide: 12,416 x 1,856 (23M) Horizontal Std: 8,192 x 1,856 (15M) Vertical Wide: 5,536 x 2,160 (12M) Vertical Std: 3,872 x 2,160 (8.4M)
- Video Resolution : XAVC S Full HD – 1920 x 1080/60p@50Mbps Full HD – 1920 x 1080/30p@50Mbps Full HD – 1920 x 1080/24p@50Mbps *Class 10+ SDXC memory card is required for recording in XAVC S AVCHD™:
PS – 1920 x 1080/60p@28Mbps
FX – 1920 x 1080/60i@24Mbps
FH – 1920 x 1080/60i@17Mbps
FX – 1920 x 1080/24p@24Mbps
FH – 1920 x 1080/24p@17MbpsMP4:
HD – 1440 x 1080/30p@12Mbps
VGA – 640 x 480/30p@3Mbps
- Audio Format : XAVC S: LPCM 2ch. AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3), 2ch., Dolby Digital Stereo Creator MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC, 2ch.
- Video Format : XAVC S / AVCHD™ format Ver. 2.0 compliant / MP4
- Video Mode : XAVC S: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264 AVCHD: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264 MP4: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
- Color Space : Still: sRGB standard (with sYCC gamut) and Adobe RGB standard compatible with TRILUMINOS Color Movie: xvYCC standard (x.v.Color when connected via HDMI cable) compatible with TRILUMINOS Color
- Still Image Size 16:9 : 35mm full frame: L: 6000 x 3376 (20M) M: 3936 x 2216 (8.7M) S: 3008 x 1688 (5.1M) APS-C: L: 3936 x 2216 (8.7M) M: 3008 x 1688 (5.1M) S: 1968 x 1112 (2.2M)
- Still Image Size 3:2 : 35mm full frame: L: 6000 x 4000 (24M) M: 3936 x 2624 (10M) S: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M) APS-C: L: 3936 x 2624 (10M) M: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M) S: 1968 x 1312 (2.6M)
- Still Image Mode : RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG Extra fine, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard
- Media Type : Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD memory card, SDHC memory card (UHS-I compliant), SDXC memory card (UHS-I compliant)
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution : 24.3 megapixels (approx.)
- Microphone/Speaker : Built-in stereo microphone or XLR-K2M / ECM-XYST1M (sold separately) Built-in, monaural speaker
- Still Image File Format : JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- 14bit RAW : Yes
- Flash sync. speed : 1/250 sec.
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter : Yes (On / Off)
- Display : Graphic Display; Display All Info.; No Disp. Info.; Digital Level Gauge; Histogram
- Brightness Control : Auto / Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2)
- Type : 1.3 cm (0.5 type) electronic viewfinder (color) (2, 359, 296 dots)
- Field of View : 100%
- Magnification : Approx. 0.71 x (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1)
- Diopter Adjustment : -4.0 to +3.0m-1
Weights and Measurements
- Weight(Approx) (Main unit only) : Approx. 1 lb 3.6 oz. (556 g)
- Dimensions (Approx.) : Approx. 5 x 3 7/8 x 2 3/8” (Approx. 126.9 x 95.7 x 59.7mm) (W/H/D) excluding protrusions
- Weight (Approx.) : With battery and Memory Stick PRO Duo Approx. 1 lb 5.1 oz. (599 g)
- PlayMemories Camera Apps : Yes
- View on TV : Yes
- Send to Computer : Yes
- View on Smartphone : Yes