Pentax K-70 Digital Camera with 18-50mm and 50-200mm Lens
The Pentax K-70 Digital SLR is built for outdoor photography, with its compact body and weather-resistant construction. This ruggedness is married to high-sensitivity shooting and a shake reduction system, all of which amounts to reliability under demanding conditions met by adventurous photographers. This kit comes with an 18-50 mm zoom lens and a 50-200 mm telephoto zoom lens.
Only 1 left in stock (can be backordered)
The PENTAX K-70 with 18-50mm and 50-200mm WR Lens is an all-weather camera, with a construction that delivers dependable cold-proof performance down to temperatures as low as -10°C. It incorporates a newly developed accelerator unit, which performs high-level noise processing in collaboration with the PRIME MII imaging engine and allows super-high-sensitivity photography at a top sensitivity of ISO 102400. It also features a new Hybrid AF system, which harmonizes the advantages of both the image-plane phase-matching AF system and the contrast detection AF system, to assure maximum speed and accuracy of AF operation during Live View shooting. It even provides a range of advanced features, equivalent to those available on premium models, including the PENTAX-developed Pixel Shift Resolution System; an innovative AA (anti-aliasing) filter simulator with the same moiré reduction effect as an optical AA filter; an optical viewfinder with nearly 100 percent field of view; and a built-in shake reduction mechanism with a shake reduction effect equivalent to approximately 4.5 shutter steps. It also features a built-in wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) module for remote shooting operation and easy transfer of captured images to smartphones and tablets.
The PENTAX K-70’s exterior is designed with comfortable outdoor shooting in mind. Its user-friendly features include a newly designed grip, redesigned mode dial and control buttons on the camera’s top and rear panels to ensure exceptional handling and operation. It also comes equipped with an outdoor-friendly LCD monitor on which the brightness of the screen can be adjusted according to the light levels of the shooting location.
Super-high-resolution images captured with approximately 24.24 effective megapixels up to ISO 102400
The PENTAX K-70 features a state-of-the-art CMOS image sensor with approximately 24.24 effective megapixels to assure high-speed 14-bit image data readout. Combined with an AA-filter-free optical design, this image sensor delivers super-high-resolution images. Also, by coupling a newly developed accelerator unit with the high-speed PRIME MII imaging engine, the PENTAX K-70 effectively minimizes noise at all sensitivity levels, and captures rich-gradation, fine-detailed images even in super-high-sensitivity shooting at a top sensitivity of ISO 102400.
Hybrid AF system for high-speed AF operation during Live View shooting
The PENTAX K-70 employs PENTAX’s first Hybrid AF system during Live View autofocus operation. By positioning a contrast-detection AF sensor with superior focusing accuracy and a phase-matching AF sensor on the image sensor’s surface, this innovative hybrid system optimizes the benefits of both AF systems to deliver high-speed, pinpoint AF focusing on the subject.
Dustproof, weather-resistant body perfect for rugged outdoor photography
The PENTAX K-70 is a dependable performer even in demanding situations, such as in the rain or at locations prone to dust or freezing temperatures, It combines a compact, easy-to-carry body in a dustproof, weather-resistant construction delivering outstanding cold-proof performance at temperatures down to -10°C. It has also been designed for active outdoor shooting — such as mountain climbing, camping and a range of sporting situations. The improved handling of the camera was achieved by the design of a new grip, and a complete design review of the mode dial and control buttons. In addition to its outdoor-friendly LCD monitor, on which the brightness of the screen can be adjusted according to the light levels of the shooting location, it also features a red-lit monitor display function, which works to the photographer’s eye when it has become accustomed to a low-light location, such as during astronomical photography.
High-precision autofocus system with the SAFOX X module
The PENTAX K-70 features the high-precision SAFOX X AF sensor module, for a responsive, dependable autofocus operation. With its 11 sensors, including nine cross-type sensors in the middle, this AF module delivers pinpoint focus on the subject at a minimum brightness level as low as -3 EV. By revising the timing of the AF sensor’s start-up action, the speed of autofocus response has been improved, especially at low-light levels. The focusing accuracy in the AF-C mode has also been enhanced by improving the algorithm for moving objects. The PENTAX K-70 delivers outstanding AF tracking performance for subjects on the move, thanks to advanced features including the Select-area Expansion function, which automatically refocuses on a moving subject after it moves away from the initial point, with the help of the neighbouring points; and an AF Hold function that maintains the initial in-focus point even when the module loses sight of the subject.
PENTAX-original shake-reduction system featuring the Pixel Shift Resolution System
(1) In-body SR mechanism – Thanks to the built-in PENTAX-original SR (Shake Reduction) mechanism, the PENTAX K-70 effectively minimizes camera shake and delivers sharp, blur-free images, even in camera-shake-prone conditions such as using a telephoto lens, shooting in low-light , or photographing sunset scenes. Using a high-accuracy gyro sensor, it provides a compensation effect of 4.5 shutter steps, a level close to that of premium models. When taking a panning shot, this mechanism automatically detects the direction of the camera’s movement, and efficiently controls the SR unit to produce the best image possible without requiring any mode switching operation.
(2) Pixel Shift Resolution System with motion correction function – The PENTAX K-70 features the latest super-resolution technology called Pixel Shift Resolution System, which captures four images of the same scene by shifting the image sensor by a single pixel for each image, and then synthesizing them into a single composite image. Compared to the conventional Bayer system, in which each pixel has only a single colour data unit, this innovative system obtains all colour data in each pixel to deliver super-high-resolution images with far more truthful colours and much finer details than those produced by conventional APS-C-size image sensors. This system also provides a motion correction function, which automatically detects a moving object during continuous shooting and minimizes negative effects during the synthesizing process, in order to accommodate a wider range of scenes and subjects.
(3) Innovative AA filter simulator to minimize moiré – By applying microscopic vibrations to the image sensor unit at the sub-pixel level during image exposure, the PENTAX K-70’s AA (anti-aliasing) filter simulator provides the same level of moiré reduction as an optical AA filter. Unlike an optical AA filter, which always creates the identical result, this innovative simulator lets the user switch the AA filter effect on and off to adjust the level of the effect. This means that the ideal effect can be set for a particular scene or subject based on the photographic conditions.
(4) Supportive shooting functions – The PENTAX K-70’s SR unit has a flexible design that tilts the image sensor unit in all directions, and provides a host of handy shooting functions, including ASTRO TRACER, which simplifies advanced astronomical photography in combination with an optional O-GPS1 GPS Unit.
Optical viewfinder with nearly 100-percent field of view
Within its compact body, the PENTAX K-70 incorporates a glass prism finder featuring the same optics and coatings as those used in premium models. With a nearly 100-percent field of view and a magnification of approximately 0.95 times, it provides a wide, bright image field for easy focusing and framing.
High-speed shutter to capture fast-moving subjects in crisp focus
With a top shutter speed of 1/6000 second, the PENTAX K-70 captures sharply focused images, even with fast-moving subjects. Coupled with its high-speed continuous shooting function with a top speed of approximately six images per second, it lets the photographer preserve once-in-a-lifetime photo opportunities in beautifully focused images.
Upgraded Full HD movie recording
The PENTAX K-70 captures high-resolution, flawless Full HD movie clips (1920 x 1080 pixels; 60i/30p frame rate) in the H.264 recording format, and records lively stereo sound using a built-in stereo microphone. In combination with compatible lenses, it allows users to operate the Continuous AF (AF-C) mode* to keep accurate focus on a moving subject, or take advantage of a new aperture control function** to automatically deliver a proper exposure level even in fluctuating lighting conditions during movie recording. It also provides a host of distinctive visual effects for movie production, including the 4K Interval Movie mode that connects a series of 4K-resolution still images at a fixed interval to create a single movie file, and a Star Stream mode to fade in and out the traces of stars to recorded movies.
9. Vari-angle LCD monitor for easy image viewing from all angles
The PENTAX K-70’s vari-angle LCD monitor allows for the positioning of the monitor at any desired angle, making it easier to compose the image in a wide variety of applications, such as high-angle shooting done at arm’s length, or low-angle shots taken from ground level. It also features a unique air-gapless construction, in which the air space between LCD layers is eliminated to effectively reduce the reflection and dispersion of light for improved visibility during outdoor shooting.
10. An array of functional customization options
The PENTAX K-70 features a choice of menu items and the order of their listing displayed on the control panel, so that the user can confirm or change the listed functions and their current settings at a glance. The user can also assign one of the seven functions to each of two Fx (Function) buttons. The PENTAX K-70 also provides three USER modes, to which the user can assign desired camera settings depending on subject types or creative intentions. Three settings (CLEAR TONE, HDR LANDSCAPE and ASTROPHOTO) are pre-programmed in the camera as default.
11. Wireless LAN connection to support smartphone operation
The PENTAX K-70 provides a host of wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) functions to support operations using smartphones and tablets. By installing the dedicated Image Sync application on a mobile device, the user can remotely check the Live View image, capture still images, and adjust camera settings such as aperture, shutter speed and ISO sensitivity to the desired level through the mobile device. Users can also download captured images onto the mobile device, and then upload them on social networking sites.
- 125.5(W) × 93.0 (H) × 74.0 mm (D) (excluding operation parts and protrusion).
- 688g (with battery and SD card).
- Included Accessories:
- Strap O-ST132, Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery D-LI109, Battery Charger D-BC109,Software (CD-ROM) S-SW168, Eye-cup FR, Hot shoe cover FK , Body Mount Cover.